Health Freaks Alert! Here’s a Raw Papaya And Peru Curry Recipe
Are you bored cooking and eating those same veggies every day and repeating it with no other choice? Well! Surprise your taste buds with raw papaya and Peru ki sabzi which is not only healthy but can also excite your taste buds with its sweet, spicy and tangy flavour. Let’s learn how to make this!
To make Papaya and Peru ki sabzi, you may require the following ingredients.
200 grams Raw papaya, skin peeled and cut into cubes
100 grams of Guava cut into cubes
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
Few curry leaves
1 Onion, chopped
1 inch Ginger, chopped
5 cloves of Garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
2 teaspoons Garam masala powder
2 medium-sized Tomato cut into pieces
Salt to taste
Sunflower Oil/ Mustard oil/ Peanut oil
How to Make Sweet & Spicy Raw Papaya and Peru Ki Sabzi?
1. To begin making the sweet & spicy Raw Papaya and Peru ki Sabzi, we will first pressure cook the raw papaya and Peru (Guava) with enough water and salt in a pressure cooker.
2. Wait up to 1 whistle and switch off, allow the pressure inside the cooker to release naturally, and drain the water and keep it aside.
3. Heat a skillet pan with oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and allow it to crackle for a few seconds.
4. Add ginger and garlic and saute until it softens. Then add onion and saute till they turn translucent. Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Then add all the spice powders including red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and give it a mix, and add cooked raw papaya along with Peru (guava) and salt.
6. Saute well till 5-6 minutes until it all comes together into the sabzi and mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Serve the Sweet & Spicy Raw Papaya and Peru ki Sabzi Recipe along with Tawa paratha, or steamed rice and enjoy your everyday meal.
Health benefits of Raw Papaya and Peru (Guava) Curry
Papaya and guava are rich in fibres, minerals and various anti-oxidative and digestive enzymes that cleanse the body internally of any toxins and helps lower blood sugar levels, boosts heart function, and makes your skin glow. The spices in the recipe help boost your immunity and fight infection while also making the recipe spicy and delicious.